"To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bringing Up My Boy

I am so Delighted to be the mother of a son. I am blessed with one very energetic, funny, and interesting boy. He is my DANIEL,My little man, DAN, Danny, mister man, and Danny Boy. I love his smile, laughter, curiosity and boyish ways. Today for instance he came into the house so proud because he had captured a very large hairy spider, after shooting his homemade arrows through it's web. He ofcourse brought the spider into the house to show all of us. I don't particularly like BIG spiders but I remained calm as he showed it off. He is so different from my girls but just as much fun! I thank the Lord that I have had the opportunity to experience (usually on the sidelines) sword fights, frog catching, skateboarding, wrestling, tee pees and forts and even spiders! My boy has opened up a world of excitement and adventure for me. Thank You Lord for my son!

As the weeks and months go by and turn into years, my little boy is growing into a man and I pray that I will take every available opportunity to draw him close to Jesus. May he not only be strong physically but spiritually. I pray he will see in his parents, Jesus, and that he too will always choose Jesus above all things.

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments. Proverbs 3:1

1 comment:

  1. Little boys sure are a lot of fun... Reading this makes me miss my little guys...all those bugs, forts, squirt gun fights, etc. and never missing the opportunity to jump in a mud puddle... enjoy every second of it, it will be gone so fast!

    ReplyDelete